Working at Home
In the event of a school closure, we believe that children would benefit best from having a clear structured day to help them minimise the disruption to their learning. Therefore, we are expecting them to complete work every day.
Each year group has provided instructions of activities that children can complete at home.
Furthermore - there are more general subject links at the bottom of this page.
Parents should create a timetable that works for themselves.
Year group activities:
1) LGFL - In addition, the school has access to London Grid for Learning (LGFL) which has wide range of online resources that children can use to support their learning at home.
Click on this link: LGFL Education Apps:
Children will need their login details which they have been provided with at school.
(Update - LGFL have just announced that these are now available without a login - but please keep login details as they may be needed in future)
2) Classroom secrets - Click the link to find additional resources from Classroom Secrets.
3) Twinkl is an online resource that has produced Home Learning Packs in the event of school closure. It may not match exactly the topics that are currently being taught at St Mary's, but it is a good resource to keep children learning. It also offers a daily programme that children can complete.
Click on this link: Home Learning Packs.
You will need this code: UKTWINKLHELPS and to sign up to access the learning.
4) Phonicsplay website -to support with the teaching of phonics for our younger children. #
5) Science Links:
- Year 1 Science: Look out for signs of Spring around you. What changes do you see around you in this season. Thinking time: How is it different from Summer or Autumn? Record your observations.
- Year 2 Science: Look around your local area and identify plants and living things that you see. Make a list. How many plants and living things can you identify? What is the link between animals and plants?
- Year 3 Science HW on Yaear Three SHeet.
- Year 4 Science: Egg-xperiments changes of states: Choose an experiment and write a detailed conclusion based on what you’ve observed
- Year 5 Science: Egg-xperiments materials: Choose an experiment and write a detailed conclusion based on what you’ve observed
- Year 6 Science: Evolution topic- explore the following website and make notes on how you have classified the wildlife species you see: https://www.snapshotserengeti.org/beta/#/home
6) Geography Links
There are a range of games available online. There’s a huge range of apps available also which are really fun and interactive
National Geographic for kids: https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/teacher-category/geography/
World Geography Games . https://world-geography-games.com/index.html
Where we live – Explore different types of houses http://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/where_we_live/eng/Introduction/default.htm
Lake District https://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/home
Crickweb – KS2 (available for KS1) . http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2geography.html
BBC Bitesize – KS2 (available for EYFS & KS1)
-Where is this? Geography Quiz
-Geography Quiz Game 3D
-Stack the countries
-Flags and Capitals
8) Physical Education