Update for Monday April 27th.
All students must log onto Google Classroom for future work.
- 1 TIMETABLE wb 27 4 20
- Frog life cycle time line
- MONDAY Answers Make Tally Charts
- MONDAY Activity Cards Make Tally Charts
- Monday Adjectives Work
- MONDAY Data Handling instructions
- MONDAY Statistics powerpoint.ppt
- QUESTIONS COMMANDS the selfish crocodile
- RE Good times to Bad
- The Selfish Crocodile POWERPOINT.pptx
- THURSDAY Activity Cards Block Diagrams
- THURSDAY Activity Cards Interpret pictograms 2 5 and 10
- THURSDAY Answers Block Diagrams
- THURSDAY Answers Interpret pictograms 2 5 and 10
- TUESDAY Space Tally Charts and Bar Charts PowerPoint.ppt
- TUESDAY Bar Graph Template
- Tuesday QUESTIONS COMMANDS the selfish crocodile
- Tuesday Sentence Types
- TUESDAY Tally and Graph Activity Sheet
- WEDNESDAY Activity Cards Interpret Pictograms 1 1
- WEDNESDAY Answers Interpret Pictograms 1 1
- Wednesday Comic Strip Selfish Crocodile
Update for Monday April 20th
- Lesson Presentation Making a Collage Portrait.ppt
- 1 TIMETABLE wb 20 4 20
- 2 5 ASCENSION.ppt
- Activity Cards Count Money Notes and Coins
- Activity Cards Two Step Problems
- Activity Sheet My Abstract Portrait Editable
- Activity Sheet My Abstract Portrait Facial Features Editable
- Answers Count Money Notes and Coins
- Answers Two Step Problems
- Ascension Activity Sheet
- british money word problems
- Exercise Activity Sheet
- Photographs of our School Picasso Project
- Poetry Presentation day 1.ppt
- T N 7741 Giving Change up to pound1 PowerPoint ver 2.pptx
- T T 11103 Exercise is Important KS1 Science Lesson Teaching Pack.ppt
- weeping woman colouring sheet
- Who Has the Most Money Higher Ability
- Who Has the Most Money Lower Ability
- Who Has the Most Money Middle Ability
- Year 2 Maths Mastery Money Answers
- Year 2 Maths Mastery Money Powerpoint.ppt
Update for Monday April 13th
- 1 TIMETABLE wb 13 4 20
- adjectives adverbs and verbs
- adverb matching
- capacity and volume
- Compare Mass Activity Cards
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- mass and weight
- Mass and weight powerpoints
- Measure Mass in Grams Activity Cards
- Measure Mass in Grams Answers
- Measure Mass in Kilograms Activity Cards
- Measure Mass in Kilograms Answers
- measuring sheets
- Peace at Last 1
- PEACE AT LAST lesson sequence
- T L 4872 Adverbs PowerPoint ver 5.pptx
- using verbs
Update 6th April 2020
See the files below for the timetable and associated resources.
- 1 Timetable Year Two 6th April
- Adjective Alphabet
- adjective noun phrases
- Adjectives for Effect
- capacity sheets with answers
- compass directions activity sheet
- length sheets with answers
- Number bonds
- the easter story powerpoint 1.pptx
Update March 2020
Here are a list of activities and free online resources that your child can use at home to continue their learning whilst the school is closed.
The maths and English tasks sent home should be returned to school. Any other work that they complete we would be very interested to see also.
- Mental arithmetic sheets and reasoning questions. If you mark these with your children errors can be corrected and further questions set for them to complete.
- Mathletics – which will be updated every few days.
- Comprehension sheets.
- Phonics homework sheets.
- Writing tasks.
Please continue to hear your children read regularly.
As Holy Week is approaching please discuss this with your children and they may like to record this in writing and/or pictures.
HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY
The children have been drawing their own maps and keys. This term they would have used Google Earth, which if you have access to it at home might be an interesting activity for you to share with them.
We have been learning about the many ways of keeping healthy; exercise and muscles, diet and food groups, good hygiene. Perhaps the children might like to keep a food and exercise diary?
We have been working on the artist Picasso and creating pictures in his style. Perhaps the children would like to find out a little bit more about this artist and his works and produce other art works of their own.
LGFL – There are a range of activities available to help with all areas of learning. These are just a few we can recommend: Busy Things, Grammar Explained, Maths at Home, Early Shakespeare, Talking Stories. Your child’s login is inside the front cover of their contact book.
Mrs Hansen and Mrs Bone
About Our Year Group
Class E - Mrs Bone
Class F - Mrs Hansen
Support Staff: Mrs Rodgers, Mrs Hack and Mrs Finn
Welcome to Classes E and F and Year 2!
Year 2 is the last year of Key Stage 1 (infants).
During the year we have great fun finding out about famous people and events, Victorian schools and best of all.... DINOSAURS!!!
Our aim is for your child to become a happy, independent learner who looks forward to coming to school every day.
We hope that you enjoy looking at some of the photos we have taken throughout the year.
Our Year Group Galleries
Year 2 visit Christ Church February 2020
We visited Christ Church. Father John showed us the Holy vessels used during mass and the vestments worn by the priests.
FOOD TECHNOLOGY - Baking Pumpkin Muffins
Our English work in the second part of the autumn term was based on a book called Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper. Pumpkin soup was a bit difficult to prepare and make safely at school so we baked pumpkin muffins instead.
The Great Fire of London displays by Year 2 - 2019
We have had the opportunity to experience a variety of art techniques to produce images of buildings in London 1666.
Magic Lantern Art and History Workshop
Magic Lantern art/history workshop visited Year 2 today. The children took part in an interactive work shop which included works of art linked to The Great Fire of London. This was a great opportunity for children to share their existing knowledge and build upon it in a fun and exciting learning environment.
The Great Fire of London - October 2019
Freshwater Theatre came to visit year 2 for a drama workshop all about The Great Fire of London in 1666.
As part of our food technology curriculum, Year 2 have been chopping and roasting vegetables. We weighed the vegetables during our maths lesson.
Jamesonís mummy visited our school today and told us all about Africa, where she was born. She told us about different types of exotic fruits that are grown there as well as other kinds of foods that are eaten. She brought us an African snack to try called chin chin. It tasted like a biscuit. We also learnt about the weather, the river Nile, schools and different types of wildlife that live in Africa.
Year 2 visit to Eltham Park meadow and pond 2019
Year 2 went on a morning field trips to Eltham Park meadow and pond. We followed a map and drew landmarks and objects onto our map. We had to invent a key for our map.
We imagined that we were the apostles receiving the Holy Spirity at the very first Pentecost. We created our own Pentecost dance.
PICASSO ART PROJECT
We studied the artist Picasso and created our own piece of art based on the works of Picasso. Mrs Wood was came into class to complete this work with us. Thank you Mrs Wood.
On December 5th and 6th the children from the Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 classes treated us all to a wonderful performance of the Nativity.